|Program >> Immigration Resettlement
Have you or a family member just recently arrived in the United States?
Do you need help with housing, financial issues or finding a job?
Do you need assistance in applying for a green card?
Are you working on achieving citizenship?
For more than 30 years, Shorefront Jewish Community Council has helped hundreds of immigrants in the Brighton Beach area with every kind of immigration-related issue: health, housing, employment, educational, legal, and social service needs of immigrants. Our bilingual staff members can facilitate the naturalization process and explain it in the immigrant’s native language.
We can help you or your family member with all kinds of forms and applications, and provide counseling and translation relating to those documents, which include:
- Green cards and naturalization
- Citizenship applications
- Affidavit of Support
- Petition for Alien Relative
- Application to replace permanent resident card
- Petition for alien fiancé
- Application for travel documents
- Report of medical examination/vaccination record, refugee
- Application for employment authorization
- Many others
We do a lot more than helping with paperwork. We also provide assistance with:
- Resettlement counseling
- Holocaust reparations
- Food and housing
- Furniture and clothing
- Translation services
- Citizenship preparation classes
- Referrals to legal and mental health services
- Employment counseling and job placement
- Learning English
If you have questions about this program or want to set up an appointment, please contact Anna Gorodetsky (
or 718-743-0575 Ext. 7504).